Tuesday, November 20, 2007

10 Question Tuesday

Playing "10 Question Tuesday:"

1. Could the Browns win the Super Bowl?
Maybe they could in 2008, if they add a pass rush and generally beef up the defensive line. This year, I'd hate to be facing them in the playoffs, because with their offense, they might just knock of a better team by outscoring them.
2. Are the breaks finally going the Browns' way? After the fans bottle-throwing game in 2001, Duane Rudd's helmet-throwing loss, and all the other bizarre ways the Browns have lost games since coming back, maybe winning last week after the Ravens were already celebrating a victory in the locker room is a good sign. The Browns still have a few of this oddball endings coming to them, I think.
3. Who's the MVP for the Browns so far this year? Probably Derek Anderson, but don't forget how important a contribution Josh Cribbs has made. It was his kick returning that really put the Browns in position to win in Baltimore, and he's a threat to run that ball back every time. Cribbs kept them in the Pittsburgh game after a kickoff return for a touchdown.
4. Who's my favorite player on the team? For years, it has been Phil Dawson. He cemented that status in 1999, when he scored a touchdown on a fake field goal. Apparently, he played fullback in high school. I am glad the kick went his way against Baltimore. He's the only Brown left from that first year, and he has always been a good kicker and a class act. I doubt they make jerseys with the kicker's name, but if there was one, I'd probably buy it. I almost always have him as the kicker on my fantasy football teams.
5. Who would I try to sign in the free-agent market if I were the Cleveland Indians? Andrew Jones would be my number one guy. He has power, he can still play great defense and he has a lot of playoff experience. He'd add a right-handed bat to a lineup that needs one more guy. Where would Jones play? I might move him to right field, because reports are he's lost a step in center, and he still has a very storing arm. Heck, that would give the Indians a heck of a defensive outfield, with Jones, Grady Sizemore and Franklin Gutierrez.
6. Do I like the Indians new alternate uniforms for 2008? Yes!
7. Who would I play at shortstop for the Indians in 2008? Asdrubal Cabrera, if I could. Jhonny Peralta if I had to. I think I'd try to either trade Peralta or move him to third. It doesn't sound like the Indians want to do either, though. In truth, he may have been their best player in the playoffs, and really did as much as anyone to help the team win.
8. Why didn't Victor Martinez get any support in the American league's MVP voting? I have no clue. A catcher who batted cleanup for most of the year, his over .300 with more than 20 home runs and more than 100 RBIs, who played good defense and provided leadership to a team that made the playoffs for the first time since 2001 sounds like a good candidate to me. The Yankees could have finished second in their division without Alex Rodriguez. In fact, if you listen to some of the complaining and moaning from New York fans, they didn't even need his 50 plus home runs.
9. Do I wish I could terminate my employment, and then come back for $270 million over 10 years? Heck, yeah.
10. Can I think up a tenth question? Sure, although this might not be a very satisfying end to this exercise.

No comments: