Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is the fat lady warming up?


So the Indians are 0-5 to start the season. What does this mean?
I wish I could find some stat that told me the records of all team that started a season 0-5. I'd guess their final records weren't very good.
That said, it's isn't time to panic yet. The Tribe could win six of seven games, be back at .500 and nobody would complain.
To do that, they have to do two things: 1. Pitch better, and 2. Hit more consistently.
I am encouraged by the way Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner have been hitting. But, that's not enough to win consistently.
I really think this team has a chance to be very, very good. They are talented and deep. Even their weakest spot, the starting rotation has a lot of possibilities to turn to if their pitchers start to fail.
I guess we'll see.

No comments: