Sunday, September 13, 2009

Serial cereal blogging; or, "Everyone has a Facebook page (except me)."


Did you know that the cereal "Fruity Pebbles" has a page on Facebook? It has 8,296 fans.
Did you also know that the cereal was introduced in 1971?
From Wikipedia:

The cereal started out with three flavors: Orange, cherry, and lemon. New flavors were added over time such as grape in 1980, lime in 1984, Berry Blue in 1994, Incrediberry Purple in 1995 and Bedrock Berry Pink in 2005

Interesting, eh what?
I just opened a box of them this morning, and oddly enough, they didn't taste quite right. They weren't as sweet as usual. I went online to see if they had altered their recipe (perhaps removed gluten?), but there appears to have been no recent change. I am recovering from a cold, and my nose has ben stuffed up, so maybe it's me.
I'll try again tomorrow and see if it's a bad box, or if I was just having a bad taste day.

No comments: