Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It was a perfect game

As a Cleveland Indians fan, i certainly did not want to see my team be the victim of a perfect game by Detroit's Armando Galarraga, however, the blown call that ended the game moments ago makes a great case for instant replay.
Jason Donald did not reach the first base before Galarraga's foot touched the bag. It was not a hit.
I wish there was some way to MLB to review that call and give Galarraga the perfect game he deserves.
Donald probably appreciates the extra hit, though ...
I wish I could find a photo of the blown call. If I find one, I'll post it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the second half of that game, too. On the way home on the radio, Manny Acta said in so many words baseball should not adopt instant replay.

I agree the umpire should have given the call to the Tigers and Gallaraga. He pitched a perfect game.

I do not favor instant replay in baseball, unless there is some method to allow the umpires to hold a camera and quickly review calls themselves.