Friday, October 8, 2010

What I did when I was stuck in traffic

I was stuck in traffic for about an hour this morning while trying to pass through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel.
I listened to all of disc one of the "The Essential Weird Al Yankovic, and concluded that Weird Al improves the songs he parodies.
I also saw the ugliest bubblegum-fuscia colored Volkswagen Beetle I have ever seen.
Further, I pondered something that has always caused me pause to consider:
When drivers pass an especially nasty crash, we tend to comment on how awful it looks, and keep on driving. A few seconds later, we have resumed our normal driving patterns, without considering what happens when we make a mistake behind the wheel.
Rarely does anyone really consider that, on another day, the mangled vehicles they passed could have been theirs.

No comments: