Sunday, December 14, 2008

So, what's ol' Roger Stern up to these days?


Why, he's writing "Amazing Spider-Man." It's almost enough to get me to buy the comic again. I swore it off after the "Brand New Day" storyline, but if Roger Stern is on board, maybe I should re-think that.
Here's what Stern had to say about it:
“I'm happy to say that feeling isn't there any more. I haven't missed an issue of ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ since the Brand New Day storyline began. For my money, Pete, Spider-Man, and the whole cast are finally acting like themselves again.”
Other than Stan Lee, I think Stern may well be the best writer Spider-Man has ever had. His stories from the 1980s with artist John Romita Jr. remain the standard by which I judge all Spider-Man comics today. When a writer of his accomplishments says "Brand New Day" is OK, it makes me think I ought to re-evaluate my own thinking.
Plus, he helped me win "Comic Book Squares" at the Mid-Ohio Con a few years ago. That ought to count for something.

No comments: