Sunday, March 30, 2008

I am so sick of event comics, but this ...

Well, here we go again. Marvel's next great earth-shattering event is "Secret Invasion." Apparently, the company's long-time bad guy aliens, the shape-shifting Skrulls, are planning to invade Earth. I dunno if I'll buy the series.

However, Marvel has produced a really cool new "webisode" to promote the comics. What a way to advertise a comic, by using an animated short. It sure builds up the excitement and piques my interest.

Now, if only the series is worth reading. Lately, these events have left me either yawning, not caring or just plain not reading.

For the record: I read Marvel's "Secret War," and "Civil War," and all of DC's "Crisis" comics, as well as all of the weekly "52" series. I stopped in the middle of DC's "Countdown." I just had no interest. I didn't even try "World War Hulk." They all seem to have too many characters and too big a scope. I'd just as soon read a well-told smaller scale story. I am having trouble relating to villains who are going to destroy the omniverse.

No comments: