Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mike and Mike on Monday nights?


I was going to write a longer post about this, but I realized I'd just have be filling space with a bunch of minor and uninteresting supporting points. So, here's the unvarnished statement:
I would watch Monday Night Football every week, whereas I currently do not, if Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic were the announcers.
I listen to them on their ESPN Radio show, "Mike and Mike in the Morning," and they are the absolutely perfect blend of sports, personality and entertainment that MNF has lacked — maybe since Howard Cosell.
They have been the broadcasters for some secondary MNF games on Monday nights the last couple years with Mike Ditka. But, they had the west coast games that aren't on TV here until 11 p.m. or so.
So, ESPN, if you are listening put Mike and Mike (and maybe even Mike) on Monday Night Football and your Nielsen ratings will increase by one. Namely, me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wfob fostoria espn. overall though. sports commentary on the radio is uninteresting. mike golic will end up more widely known than bob golic. to non browns fans.

Anonymous said...

hey. did i miss or forget something. is your cell number ending in 3999 still there. got a disconnect notice. jcarp

Jefferson Wolfe said...

No, I got a new number. I'll call you so you have it.