Monday, May 25, 2009

Serial cereal blogging


I got a box of Rice Chex the other day, and it says "Gluten free! Same great taste!"
Does anybody know what this means, and why it should be reassuring to know the Chex, despite the sudden removal of gluten, still tastes the same?
For that matter, if it still takes the same, why should I care if the gluten has been removed? Would I even know?
How is it a selling point to know Chex are now gluten free if I didn't even know it was gluten-ous?
If gluten is bad, should I be worried about eating gluten-filled Chex all my life?
How much more can I beat this topic into the ground before I stop posting?
I'd say, about this far.
(And, why could I not find any picture of the gluten-free Rice Chex, but I could find a picture of the gluten-free Corn Chex? Should I be wary of a corn-spiracy?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people are allergic to gluten (like in wheat) hence the touting of no gluten. "Not containing gluten" is on a lot of food labels.
Possibly the factory is processing on different equipment that does not make Wheat Chex.
(or not in a dog/cat food factory maybe, IT IS Ralston- Purina afterall.)

Star Trek Cereal: $2.49 (General Mills, limited time only)

JCarp

Raymond I. Schuck said...

All I know is that I'm frustrated that I can't find Bran Chex anymore. Those were always my favorite.

What's the Star Trek cereal taste like? Is it made by a replicator?