Thursday, January 6, 2011

NFL Playoff Picks (weak one)


Just for fun, here are my NFL playoff picks:

1. Kansas City over Baltimore. Why? KC is at home in Arrowhead Stadium, which is one of the most hostile environments to visiting teams in the NFL. I think Baltimore has better players on defense, better receivers and a better quarterback. But, KC has better coaching, a good running game and home field. I bet it will be close, but I say KC will break its six-game playoff losing skid, dating back to when Marty Schottenheimer was the coach. If there's to be an upset, I think this may be the one.

2. Indianapolis over the New York Jets. Why? I didn't the Jets were all that good last year when they went to the AFC championship game and for beat by the Colts. i think the Jets and Browns could easily have had each other's records if a few breaks went the other way. The jets barely bear the Browns and Lions in back-to-back weeks. Their running game hasn't been as good. Consequently, their quarterback hasn't been as good. The team has been surrounded by controversy all year. They took an absolute drubbing from the Patriots late in the year. Payton Manning has all he needs to carve up a weakened team.

3. Philadelphia over Green Bay. Why? Green Bay has too many injuries, and no running game. Aaron Rogers could lift them above their shortcomings, but I think Michael Vick is playing better right now and has a better supporting cast.

4. New Orleans over Seattle. Why? Because I will be rooting for Seattle.

No comments: