Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Spinning in Orbit



This is pretty cool. On this site are lots of music clips and a video called "Wavegirls," from William Orbit.

He is an electronica/ambient/dance music artist who doubles as a producer for such artists as Madonna (remember "Ray of Light" and "Beautiful Stranger?", U2 and Pink, among others.

(Some observers may remember the theme song from the WFAL radio show called "The Big Boat" circa 1996 used a William Orbit song as the theme for the show.)

I have never heard anything by Orbit that I have not liked. I have had no success in finding his latest album, however. I have yet to order it online, but I suppose I could do that. I either have or used to have all the rest. Here's an Amazon link to his "best of" album, from, wow, 12 years ago.

Perhaps his greatest song was "Water from a Vine Leaf." I wish I had a bigger musical vocabulary to describe it. You can find a clip of it at the Amazon link, though.

Orbit's music probably isn't for everyone, but he's certainly contributed to his fair share of hits and I sure like it.

No comments: