Friday, January 29, 2010

One of the more interesting news stories I have seen in a long time

This is fascinating. President Obama went into a Republican event and took questions. It's not the first time a president has gone into the lion's den, so to speak, but I think it's fascinating to watch what happens. It almost seems like our politicians may be capable of dignified social intercourse.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



For what it's worth, on a side-note, I think if I had to pick my current favorite newsman/anchor, I think I'd pick Brian Williams of NBC. I say this having no justification other than I enjoy his newscasts and he seems like a serious, credible journalist, of which there are far too few these days.
Here's the wikipedia entry which has a few interesting things about him, like his appearances on Sesame Street and The Simpsons.
Here's his NBC bio, which has a few more interesting things about him, like he used to be a volunteer firefighter.

No comments: